Friday, March 12, 2010

Prayer Request

Have you ever felt like God was telling you to do something and made it so clear that you just can't deny it. The problem is you don't know how to go about it or even exactly what it is you're supposed to do?
Let me explain. God has laid it on my heart to go back to Charlotte North Carolina over spring break to speak. I have this constant tugging that there is at least someone, maybe many, down there who need to hear my story. I don't know who and I don't know where. In fact, while I've got some leads, I don't have any speaking events booked. I may have to go stand on the street corner and tell anyone who will listen. But I trust it wont come to that. However, as we get closer to the date I'm getting increasingly antsy about the schedule.
If you haven't figured it out by now, you'll see that I live by my schedule and need to have things planned in advance. At least for this trip it will provide reassurance that I'm going down for purposeful reason. I want to be prepared. So my first prayer request is for speaking events. I know that God has good work that he is preparing in advance and I'm relying on that. But I need to have my path a little more visible.
The second part of my prayer request is a little more touchy. And that is how I'm going to pay for it. Right now I"m going on nothing. Again, I trust God will provide but as the date is getting closer and I probably should be making reservations, I am getting antsy.
I am planning on taking my 4 kids and 2 nannies which will make for a fun adventure and I'm excited about the experience for my kids. But don't want to have to sleep in the truck and work for our food.... again, I know it wont get to that but having that figured out now would put me at ease. I have estimated what the cost of such an adventure would be and figured that if I sell my diamond earrings (a mother's day present) that should cover it. Great! Now getting someone to buy them. I'm a novice at Craig's list and E-bay but managed to list them. However, I haven't gotten any takers and aside from selling them I am fresh out of ideas.
So, apart from the knowledge that I need to go, God has been mysterious on all the rest of the details. I am hopeing for some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing. The practical side of me says "I"m nuts" The spiritual side says "God will provide, somehow" But please hurry, God and show me how.
So I thought it fitting to petition you for prayer or advice or contacts in that area. Most of all prayer for clarity and direction!
Thank you and God Bless you all!

1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    Saw you on FB with Shari Braendel. Noticed you live in MI and are interested if Shari does a class near Traverse City. I saw that on her blog recently and I'm very interested. I live just West of the Grand Rapids area. Keep me posted if there is a possible conference!

    ReplyDelete