Sunday, January 31, 2010

God's plan is always the best.

My favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11 'For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you a future and a hope.' I love the fact that God already knows his plan for you. He has it all laid out before him and it's a 'good, pleasing and perfect plan' (Romans 12:2). I think about how often I feel lost with my direction. Not really sure where I am going or what I am supposed to do with my life. Then I remember those verses and am rest assured that God's got it figured out. My part is to lean on Him and walk with Him down the path. Without Him I will surely stray or stop when the going gets tough. I believe God wants us to move forward. He wants success for every one of us.
I used to think that I'd get moving with my life as soon as God sent me a letter describing exactly what he wants me to do. But the problem was that I was waiting. It wasn't until I got up and started moving and praying with each step for guidance that I started to see the path in front of me. It had been there the whole time. God is faithful he will guide. He will close doors and open others to help us along the way. It's my job to keep moving and keep trusting in Him.
I've been over a lot of bumps on my path but now more than ever I feel that he is right beside me. I am walking side by side with my Father and he is so excited about were we are going. There are many things he can't wait to show me.
I get excited too and I have asked him "Are we there yet?" "When, Lord, When" But he just whispers to me. 'Be patient and know that I am God.' I truly love my Father and trust Him with my journey. I will do all I can to keep my eyes focused on what's ahead and my feet steady to withstand discouraging bumps. I pray this for everyone because there is great joy in know that you are on the right path and it is His perfect plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment